Mickey's Girls

Random thoughts, hilarious moments and sweet sentiments... Our girls give us tons of these every day and this blog is our way of sharing the joy of raising two sweet little people with you. This is our life...to love Jesus, love each other, laugh a lot and enjoy the moments He's given us. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Bye Bye TeeTee!

Obviously, I think my beautiful Emma Grace is one of the 2 cutest girls on earth...but one of the cuter things she does is flush the toilet. Weird, huh? *grin*
***DISCLAIMER***
There is talk of tee-teeing and pooping in this story so if that grosses you out - quit reading now!

Last Sunday, I woke up determined that this would be the week we said good bye to the Pull-Ups. She's had the whole potty concept down since last summer but with me working full time, a really random schedule and getting ever so largely pregnant, I didn't feel like it would be fair to try to really potty train her without any consistency (and I figured it wouldn't work with out consistency either). So, with a month to go before our schedules get out of control again, I figured it was now or never...so off came the Pull-Ups and on went the big girl panties! I began taking her potty every 30 minutes and following her around with a towel. We spent all day Sunday changing panties. I was so frustrated. She would tell me she had to go tee-tee but it was either while she was tee-teeing for right after she finished (which was usually within 5 minutes of having sat on the potty!) I knew that if I could just get her to tee-tee in the potty and we did the fun potty party I had planned in my head, she'd catch on and this would go so fast!
Monday - the process continued and I thought I'd go insane...but then, I caught her starting to poo in her pants and I said "STOP!" and we ran to the potty and made it just in time!
The celebration started...I danced and sang a song, Emma Grace laughed her head off and got a little baggy of M&M's and some Dora stickers after she flushed the toilet and said "Bye Bye Poopy" and washed her hands.
Tuesday morning - we sat on the potty first thing and sure enough, she tee-tee'd in the potty...Another celebration ensued. Joy was the emotion of the day!!! Then, as the day progressed and I started the 30 minute thing, she started telling me "I gotta go tee-tee" and sure enough, she did. We've had a couple of accidents along the way but my girl is good...she is almost potty trained and it only took a few days!
So why do I think her flushing the toilet is so cute? Well, besides the fact that it means I don't have to change her diaper/Pull-Up anymore...every time she goes potty - she watches it flush and says "Bye Bye Tee-Tee" or "Bye Bye Poopy" in the sweetest sing songy voice ever!

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Congrats on the potty training! It's good to hear an "I'm stickin to my guns, we are going to do this" story every now and then. How did you do the big girl bed thing? David is just thinking about getting out of his crib and I would like to prevent that if I could...but, I just cannot see him staying in a bed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home