Mickey's Girls

Random thoughts, hilarious moments and sweet sentiments... Our girls give us tons of these every day and this blog is our way of sharing the joy of raising two sweet little people with you. This is our life...to love Jesus, love each other, laugh a lot and enjoy the moments He's given us. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Emma Grace...my sweet love!!!

If any of you know me, I'm kinda an organization freak. I like things to be organized and in their place and easy to find. I'm constantly rearranging and organizing our closets and cabinets and pantry...I can't clean without making a bigger mess by organizing. And..if any of you know my husband, you know that he's not so much that way. It's a good balance as I may go overboard if I didn't have him to balance me out!
So, last week, he was out of town and I got the organization bug and went to town on our room, our closet and our bathroom. I bought him a "desk" to store all his stuff that just piles up in our room and also gives him a place to work at night. I cleaned out drawers, rearranged the closet to maximize the space (amazing how much more space we have in there now! I should go shopping!!!) and the bathroom is sparkling clean!
Well, I did all of this mainly while Emma Grace (my 2.5 year old) was sleeping. When she woke up that morning, she was sitting in my room watching tv while I fixed her breakfast and she came in the kitchen and said "Mommy!" I turned around and looked at her and her eyes were as big as saucers. I said "what's wrong?" and she said "Mommy, I went in the bathroom and it is sooo pretty!"
I almost cried because I had worked so hard on it and she noticed! But then I thought "Now, that is sad. She noticed that my bathroom was clean and looked so pretty - it must look really bad and be really dirty most of the time."
My sweet little Emma Grace made my day by noticing all my hard work! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home