Mickey's Girls

Random thoughts, hilarious moments and sweet sentiments... Our girls give us tons of these every day and this blog is our way of sharing the joy of raising two sweet little people with you. This is our life...to love Jesus, love each other, laugh a lot and enjoy the moments He's given us. Hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Three Months, Sisters, Aquarium & Family Pictures

I don't really have anything to blog about but it's been over a week so I thought I'd give you a little something to read. It's not terribly exciting but it is what it is...I think I'm getting a bit boring as I get older. I'll work on that!

Three Months:

Time is drawing short and I'm gearing up to head back to work on Monday. Sarah Beth was born on February 18th so she'll be 3 months old tomorrow! It's crazy how fast these 3 mo. have gone. How do I feel about going back to work? I keep getting that question from folks. I don't know that I have a precise answer for it. I'm okay with going back to work. I knew from the beginning that I'd go back in 3 months so while I focused on relaxing and enjoying my girls, I didn't allow myself to get into a routine like I would if I were going to stay home full-time. On the flipside, obviously, my dream is to stay home full–time and just be wife and mommy. I'd love to concentrate my efforts and work on just those parts of my life. But I'm very grateful for the job that I have and the flexibility that I have with it. Emma Grace is going to play with a friend of hers each day (I work with her mom) and Sarah Beth will go to work with me at least until the end of the summer. So, how can I complain with a set up like that?!

Sisters:

As I started typing this, I was watching Emma Grace sit with Sarah Beth and try to get her to either hold on to her teething toy or chew on it. She was gently putting it into her hand and her mouth and talking in a small, sweet little voice explaining what she was doing. I am so incredibly blessed to have such a caring and kind little girl. I asked her if she loved her sister and she nodded and said "I love my Sarah Beth." Three months ago, she said the same thing and wanted to hold her all the time and I thought "I hope this lasts" and so far, it shows no sign of going away. She's constantly loving on her and when Sarah Beth cries, no matter what we're doing, Emma Grace says "mommy, go take care of her." What a precious heart she has!!!

Aquarium:

I always want to spell that word "acquarium" for some reason??? I don't know why? Anyway, we went down to Corpus Christi this past weekend for a visit with John, Amber & Lawton. Amber & I have been best friends since high school in VA and amazingly, we both ended up in Texas - 3 hours apart! How cool is that? On Saturday, Amber & I took the kids (Emma Grace, Sarah Beth & Lawton, who is 11 mo. old) to the Aquarium. It was so much fun. We saw all kinds of fish and got to watch dolphins. Emma Grace thoroughly enjoyed it all and I decided that fish kinda gross me out..except the dolphins, I like them!

Family Pictures:
I am a picture snob. I love pictures. I love to take them. I love to scrapbook them and I love to put them up all around our house. I think I have all of 2 pieces of "art" that don't involve some sort of family photograph in my house! I spent more on photos at my wedding than anything (except the food) and the tradition has continued since. My girls have more pictures of them in their short lives than I think I have in my entire life. I love it! My husband, however, he is not fond of picture taking but every once in a while, I can get him to be a good sport and humor me with a family picture. I got family pictures done when Emma Grace was 6 weeks old and 1 year old, but we haven't had any since then. So, a couple of weeks ago, my friend Tiffany, who is a photographer, came out to our house and took our pictures. I had planned to do them in our backyard but we had a massive storm the night before and we'd have been wading through the puddles. (By massive storm, I mean 2 inch hail and 70 mph winds - craziness) Despite not getting the background I wanted, we still got some good pics! And I've got the itch for some more frames!
Speaking of pictures, Sarah Beth is getting her 3 mo. pictures taken and she has the cutest outfits for them! I can't wait!!!!

Finale:

I just wanted to use the word "finale" rather than "finally" because it just seemed like more fun but I really don't have anything to say except that I keep seeing these other blogs that are way more interesting and fun than mine. So I'll try to get a little more updated on my blogging knowledge and add some jazz to this one! But I make no promises...you may be lucky just to get some life updates out of me starting next week.

Finale #2 - Prayer Request:

Michael is still considering Quizno's or Chick-Fil-A or something along those lines. He's also working on/updating his resume so that he can begin looking for a job. My prayer request is just that we be open to where and what God has in store for us. My obvious desire is to move closer to home but I want to be wherever God wants us to be...doing whatever it is that He wants us doing. (but for those who know me, you know I don't want to have to wait long to find out what that is!)

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Karen said...

LOL!!! HAHAHAHA! You? Not wait long to find out what it is that God has planned? I can't imagine that at all!!! HA!
On a serious note...you know what's going to happen, don't you. You and Michael will end up leaving there right as Jeremy and I return there. Such as life, I suppose.
I miss you! When are you coming to visit? I don't want to have to wait till Passion 2007 to see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home