Mickey's Girls

Random thoughts, hilarious moments and sweet sentiments... Our girls give us tons of these every day and this blog is our way of sharing the joy of raising two sweet little people with you. This is our life...to love Jesus, love each other, laugh a lot and enjoy the moments He's given us. Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Weird Things About Myself
that I find fascinating
(which may be weird in itself but I don't care, I think they are cool!)

  1. My ears are kinda big and stick out (which explains why I won't cut my hair shorter than it is) but they have this ridge on them that is unique to my dad's side of the family.
  2. My feet have perfect porportions...meaning...normal width, not too big, not too small, my toes are angled nicely and their length is perfect starting with the big toe being the longest and down from there. Until I broke my pinky toes, they were absolutely BEAUTIFUL feet! *grin*
  3. My face has craters on it. I'm laughing as I write this cuz that just sounds really yucky but when I was 22-ish, I had really bad cystic acne on my cheeks...it was just really gross and nothing worked to clear it up so we just started praying about it and it went away except for a few craters it left behind. I'm thankful for the craters cuz it means the big ugly purply green monster size bumps are gone!
  4. The sides of my belly have stretch marks on it dating from my first pregnancy. They are huge and really ugly but I have a beautiful healthy daughter and that's what I really care about. (note: I only added one stretch mark in my 2nd pregnancy and that makes me VERY happy that I didn't add as many as I did the first time around!)
  5. I'm 5'10" and my husband is 5'6"(ish) - I said I'd "NEVER" date a guy shorter than me...and I married one. So the moral to this point is "never say never"!
  6. I'm an organization freak. My closets all have extra shelves so that nothing has to sit on top of things so when I open the closet, I can see everything that's in it. My pantry is neat and all the labels face forward (on it's best day). My scrapbook area is all laid out nice and neat so I don't have to search for things and I can see all my options (except I keep accumulating options (aka - embellishments, stickers, paper) faster than I can use them right now..yikes!) A little OCD? Maybe. (Note: for those who see my house frequently...I said I was an organization freak not a clean freak)
  7. There are only 3 pieces of "art" on my walls in my house that does not include a picture of a family member. Most are pictures of my kids but I do have extended family pics as well. I think pictures of my family is the most priceless artwork there is and I spend enough money on photos of my girls that they should be the predominate artwork in our home!
  8. When I go shopping, I pick up lots of things to buy and then as I walk around, I reason myself out of all of it so I walk back through the store putting it all back away and I leave with nothing usually. It frustrates the stink out of my husband (especially when he's with me) but he doesn't seem to mind when he looks at the checking account!
  9. I don't wear jewelry except for my wedding rings and my "baby gift" ring.
    Earrings and necklaces drive me crazy. Saves me money cuz I don't buy jewelry!
  10. I'd love to be an undercover agent with the FBI but I am a horrible liar and would be found out as soon as I stepped foot out the door.
  11. I have a phobia of medicines and basically any pills of any kind. I have no reasonable explanation of this but I just don't like to take any medicine or pills. I'm horrible at it and can't remember to take them even when it should just be part of the daily routine. I don't take Tylenol or Ibuprofen either unless my head just feels like it's going to fall off. And...I have two precious little girls b/c I didn't take THAT little pill!
  12. If I could spend an evening with any two present day "celebrities", I'd get Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson in the same room with me and I'd give them a piece of my mind...and that is just weird cuz I don't know them and they don't know me but they fascinate me.
  13. Being silly, making up songs and laughing at nothing is one of my favorite things to do. I think it's in my genes b/c Emma Grace likes to do the same! :)





    Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

5 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger Lady Jane said...

That's a beautiful list! You have a great attitude! Be proud! :)

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jennifer Sprague, All Natural Mommies said...

:) It is a great list, and my best friend has a daughter also named Emma Grace! It's a wonderful name!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger LibertyBelle said...

Your list is wonderful and very personal. You like like one heck of a great lady!

My Thursday Thirteen is up.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I was beginning to think you weren't going to do one this week!
I am glad you did!
OMGoodness...#8...I so totally do that too! Jeremy would laugh at that, which is why you need to live closer so Michael and him can go shopping together and so can WE! :)

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger leslie said...

Mandy Powell... you make me laugh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home