Mickey's Girls

Random thoughts, hilarious moments and sweet sentiments... Our girls give us tons of these every day and this blog is our way of sharing the joy of raising two sweet little people with you. This is our life...to love Jesus, love each other, laugh a lot and enjoy the moments He's given us. Hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Things I Consistently Pray (& Dream)...



1. I pray for myself - that I would be the wife, mommy, friend, employee & servant that God has called me to be and that my own desires would submitted to who, what & where God has me now.

2. I pray for my husband - that he would be the husband, daddy, friend, employee and servant that God has called him to be.

3. I pray for our marriage - that we would continue to put God first and each other second so that the demands of life would not drive a wedge between us and that we would be completely and totally open & submitted to the call of God on our lives.

4. I pray that the example Michael & I set for our children in regards to personal relationship with the Lord and relationship between each other would be one that we want them to have in their future relationships with their spouses. (& I pray for their future dates & spouses too)

5. I pray these three things for my girls: cheerfulness, purity and obedience.

6. I pray that we would raise our girls to be godly women with gentle quiet spirits and deep sensitivity to God's call on their lives. (& I dream of seeing where God leads them!)

7. I pray that despite the miles between us and our family members that our girls would know and love (and be close to) their grandparents, aunts, uncles & cousins. (& I dream of the day when those miles are shortened!!!)

8. I pray that as my girls get older our relationship (mother/daughter) would be close and they would feel like they can tell me anything without fear of rejection or condemnation.

9. I pray for patience (I know...that's dangerous!) and calmness with my girls when frustration and exhaustion sets in.

10. I pray (with thankfulness) for the provision that God has blessed us with beyond our needs (& I dream of the day I can be full-time mommy!)

11. I pray for the health of my immediate family and my extended family.

12. I pray that I would be more assertive and voice my opinion in concise, understandable ways...with gentleness and truth.

13. I pray random issues that are on my mind throughout the day - anything from "my calloused feet are ugly and need help" to "what do I do in this situation right now?



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


10 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Susan said...

What a GREAT list!! I love it that we can pray about the "big things" like our marriages and our children and the little things like calloused feet and HE listens!!! ;-) My TT is up here

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger glimpsing gal said...

I loved your list! It echoed so many of my own prayers and thoughts.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger kontan said...

There are some days I have to add sanity to the list!

Great list

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger ~Lisa~ said...

Very thoughtful and heartfelt list.

I can't help much with 1-12, but #13 matches my #13 from several weeks ago:

13. Exfoliate your heels. The Body Shop wooden foot file is the best $5 I've spent. Gets at the dry skin and calluses don't stand a chance.

My 13 best beauty news stories post is up!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Great list! I have missed your lists...and I can't help you be more creative, you already are!!! The 13 idea was seriously from my dad, since today's his birthday! He told me at least it's not Friday...yeah, he would have to lock himself in his house all day. :)
Love your prayers and have adopted some of those same ones for David.
Oh, don't forget to get the blogroll from thursdaythirteen.com. I think you have to request your name and then they will add you.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Stacie said...

Great prayers. It sounds like you have a wonderful family. I love your TT, I played too. STacie

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Absolutely wonderful list!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Wonderful list...reminded me of the power and importance of prayer. And I do believe God cares about everything that concerns us, even our calloused feet! Great job.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger armywife said...

i have many similar prayers. lately though, i've been praying and saying thank you, with faith as if God has already answered my prayers. have you read the power of a praying wife?

i've also posted 13 at
http://blog.myspace.com/christengarland

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Lovely, thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home