Mickey's Girls

Random thoughts, hilarious moments and sweet sentiments... Our girls give us tons of these every day and this blog is our way of sharing the joy of raising two sweet little people with you. This is our life...to love Jesus, love each other, laugh a lot and enjoy the moments He's given us. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Favorite Moments In Life

1…. Sitting by the ivory chest set in my dad's office with both of my parents and accepting Christ as my Savior - Summer 1982(ish)
2. Opening the door of my apartment to see my boyfriend on one knee with a bouquet of daisies in one hand and a ring in the other hand! - July 26, 2000
3. Saying "I do!" - February 10, 2001
4. Holding my 1st born daughter for the first time after the longest 2 1/2 days of my life of sitting there waiting for the doctors to let me hold her. - September 7, 2003
5. Holding my 2nd born daughter and breathing a sigh of relief that there was no complications. - February 18, 2006
6. Being handed the keys to our first home after developing writer's cramp from signing our lives away on the loan documents. - July 29, 2004
7. Winning a ribbon in an English riding class at a local horseshow where a competitor was one of the "top" trainers in the area and he didn't win a ribbon! - Sometime in highschool
8. Acing an overhand serve in a volleyball match against my former school where I was sub'd out every time I came up to serve b/c the coach didn't think I could do it well enough. - Junior year of high school
9. Home visit by a college coach who was recruiting me to play basketball in college. - Senior year of high school
10. Turning 16 and seeing a big bow on my dad's car outside cuz it was now mine! - August 1992
11. Graduating college! - May 1997
12. Every laugh, giggle and smile that comes from my girls! - Daily
13. Every morning when I wake up and realize that my family is healthy and thriving! - Daily





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Lyn said...

I do too. (But with my spouse. lol) Good ones. My T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition is up at Bloggin' Outloud. Thanks!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger EmilyRoseJewel said...

Such sweet memories, I share many of them too--my husband proposing, holding my son for the first time, soon I will hold my second child, what amazing memories! My list is up!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Southern Girl said...

Aww, that's a great list! Especially #1 -- my dad led me to Jesus Christ in his office, too. 1975! :)

My TT is up.
http://southern-born-and-bred.blogspot.com

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger ...my 2 cents said...

That's a great list!! Wonderful memories!!

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Virginia (Jenny) said...

I loved your number 1!

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Happy0303 said...

Such great memories! It's always such a miracle to hold your baby for the first time.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Raggedy said...

There is a Wish for you over at my place.
I think this is a great list. I did not put my name in your linky list because I didn't play this week but I have a little bit of time to visit the ones that posted...
Have a wonderful day!
Thanks for Thirteening!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Jenny Ryan said...

What a nice list of wonderful moments! Jenny (www.jennyryan.com)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger benson659 said...

What a great list.... Saying " I do" is one of my favorite memories too...

My TT #4 is up

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Great memories!

My TT is up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home