Mickey's Girls

Random thoughts, hilarious moments and sweet sentiments... Our girls give us tons of these every day and this blog is our way of sharing the joy of raising two sweet little people with you. This is our life...to love Jesus, love each other, laugh a lot and enjoy the moments He's given us. Hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Today, Tomorrow...and so on...

There's nothing really new to update you on but I thought I'd post anyway so you don't think that the only thing I do is those Thursday Thirteens.
Michael is in Nashville this week - he's looking at the location we'd like to do a Quizno's should we decide to go that route and he's also hoping to interview for a job he is interested in and he's enjoying some family time with his sister and her family. That's good!
The girls and I are carrying on as usual at home. Today, it finally rained! Wooohooo!!! I thought for a very brief second about running naked through my yard in the rain as I was so ecstatic that there was moisture coming from the skies. It was less than a milisecond of thought. *grin*
Then after nap time, I went in to get Sarah Beth and she was standing in her crib shaking the side and just as happy as she could be! I don't know how to explain to you how I feel about that - it's very bittersweet. I'm thrilled that she's maturing and growing normally but I'm so sad that she's not my tiny little baby anymore! Six months is entirely too short a time for that stage! She also had her 6 month dr's visit today. She's quite healthy at 17.8 lbs and 27 inches long. To put that in perspective for you, Emma Grace was 13.13 lbs and 25.75 inches long at 6 months. This chunky baby thing is new for me and I love it!
Emma Grace continues to be the best big sister ever. She's very aware of Sarah Beth and what she's doing and is constantly on the lookout for toys that Sarah Beth can't have. She amazes me!
Oh - last night on the way home from church...well, let me back up! On the way to church, we talked about how we are wonderfully made by God as that was their lesson a couple of months ago and it has stuck with Emma Grace so much that she still talks about it. So I said that I wanted her to pay good attention so that she could tell me what she learned tonight. So, now, on the way home last night, I had forgotten to ask her about it until she said "Mommy! I can do all things through Christ and I am strong like Jesus" I said "honey, that's awesome! is that way you learned tonight?" To which she replied "I can do all things through Christ. See how strong I am I am stronger than Jesus but he makes me that way." I love her!
Emma Grace turns 3 next week. I'm completely amazed at how fast these 3 years have gone. I'm not sure what we're doing for her birthday yet but whatever it is, it will be totally fun and completely all about Emma Grace! She is so special to me and I want to make sure she is aware of that not only at her birthday but all the time.
Alrighty, that's all. I have nothing else to tell you about...
Have a beautiful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home