Mickey's Girls

Random thoughts, hilarious moments and sweet sentiments... Our girls give us tons of these every day and this blog is our way of sharing the joy of raising two sweet little people with you. This is our life...to love Jesus, love each other, laugh a lot and enjoy the moments He's given us. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Three Years Ago...

It's 7:35pm as I start this post and I'm thinking about what I want to say so I'll just start with what I was doing exactly 3 years ago at this moment. I was grabbing my bags and walking out the door. I had an 8:00pm appointment with the labor and delivery room for an induction as I was a week past my due date. I'll skip the details of the next 12 hours of horrific scariness and the following 10 days in the NICU of heartache and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...to say that on September 5th, 2003, I was gifted with the most amazing little girl. Emma Grace weighed in at 7lbs 6.5oz and 20inches long at 8:05a.m. via emergency c-section. I had never laid eyes on a more beautiful child! What a gift and glimpse of God's love for us!


So, now, three years later...Emma Grace is still my precious gift that I daily thank God for entrusting to me. I can't begin to explain how much I love this little girl - for those of you who are parents, you understand. I wake up every morning to her smiles and giggles and I get teary eyed when I realize just how fast she is growing up. I try to treasure every moment and enjoy each day! She's the sweetest, most kind and tender hearted little girl who truly loves with her whole heart, mind and body.


Happy Birthday to my precious treasure!!!!

Note: I did start this at 7:35 on Sept. 4th and finished it at 11:06 and lots and lots of interruptions later....Heehee...kids are great!

4 Comments:

At 3:57 AM, Blogger amy said...

too sweet....do you ever go to bed./.wont you come to atlanta and fix my blogs????


Happy Birthday Emma Grace Powell!!!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger leslie said...

happy birthday emma grace!! we love you!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Denise said...

You were listed as a new member of the Thursday Thirteen blogroll at the T13 hub...Welcome! See ya tomorrow!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger MommyBa said...

Congratulations for being part of Thursday Thirteen!

She's gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home